The classified documents that make up this archive were copied secretly by VLADIMIR BUKOVSKY in 1992 as he prepared to testify at the trial of the CPSU. (See “Night of the Looters” in ARTICLES & LETTERS.)
- 1. CPSU, Ideology & Politics (36)
- 2. CPSU, Terror & Repression (29)
- 3. CPSU and dissent in USSR (71)
- 4. Perestroika (25)
- 5. CPSU & Communist world (23)
- 6. CPSU and the non-Communist world (15)
- 7. Communist subversion (73)
- 8. CPSU & Peace propaganda (10)
- 9. Soviet foreign policy (51)
- Essays and Articles (5)
- Other documents, etc. (4)
Tag Archives: Yury ANDROPOV*
KGB report. The results of preventative and prophylactic work by the KGB since 1959, reducing the need for imprisonment, even for the most serious crimes. Statistical information for 1959-1974 on p. 2. [R 31 October 1975, Volkogonov] total 2 pp.
A brief passage from Anatoly CHERNYAEV’s unpublished “Diary”, in which he responds to a report to the Central Committee by ANDROPOV (29 December 1975*, 3213-A) about the statements of foreign communist parties concerning “political prisoners” in the USSR (NSA, document … Continue reading
Yury Andropov briefs Politburo on forthcoming trial of Anatoly SHCHARANSKY. (Translation No 15, MHG 30th anniversary). Total 2 pp.
KGB report. A repeat of Andropov’s suggestion to Brezhnev that Solzhenitsyn could be expelled from USSR to FRG. [Excerpt – No Russian text currently available] total 3 pp.