The classified documents that make up this archive were copied secretly by VLADIMIR BUKOVSKY in 1992 as he prepared to testify at the trial of the CPSU. (See “Night of the Looters” in ARTICLES & LETTERS.)
- 1. CPSU, Ideology & Politics (35)
- 2. CPSU, Terror & Repression (29)
- 3. CPSU and dissent in USSR (71)
- 4. Perestroika (26)
- 5. CPSU & Communist world (23)
- 6. CPSU and the non-Communist world (15)
- 7. Communist subversion (73)
- 8. CPSU & Peace propaganda (10)
- 9. Soviet foreign policy (51)
- Essays and Articles (5)
- Other documents, etc. (3)
Category Archives: 9.2 Afghanistan
Ministry of Defence to Central Committee. Assistance to restore aviation and communication in Afghanistan (2 pp). [R 221 Mar 90, No 318-2-0354] total 2 pp.
Letter to Chairman of the RF Constitutional Court. Request for 27 Central Committee documents about Afghanistan, to be included in the Trial of the CPSU. [R 31 Dec 92] total 5 pp.
Politburo meeting. Andropov chairs discussion about the situation in Afghanistan and a possible Soviet withdrawal. [R 10 April 1983, Politburo, para 1] total 4 pp.
Politburo decision. Agree with recommendations of Afghanistan commission (Gromyko, Andropov, Ustinov, Ponomaryov) for protecting Soviet interests worldwide after the invasion of Afghanistan. Includes text of jointly signed recommendations, 27 January 1980 (210-A), pp 2-9. [R 28 January 1980, Pb 181/34] total … Continue reading